Journal Editor and Web-Manager Positions
Considering the increasing visibility and distribution of Ex Novo Journal of Arhaeology, we are now seeking nominations and applications for one/two new editor positions with the following responsibilities:
- Actively cooperating to the editorial work (selection of topics, contents and manuscripts; co-coordination of the peer review process; editing and formatting of the journal issues)
- Managing and implementing the website, including our blog and social media channels (Facebook and Twitter)
Perspective candidates should satisfy the following requisites:
- Appropriate scientific background or a strong motivation to implement it. A PhD in archaeology or similar fields (completed or on going) is fundamental to stand as a candidate, although exceptions will be made in case of long experience in the editorial, academic and/or archaeological sector.
- Previous experience or strong motivation for acquiring a solid knowledge about the editorial work necessary to publish a scientific journal. Tasks to undertake include: selecting and evaluating of the manuscripts submitted to the journal; searching and contacting the peer-reviewers; editing; formatting; researching and formulating the themes addressed in the coming issues, scientific networking, etc.
- Previous experience in designing, implementing and managing websites, blogs and social media; ability to modulate the communication according to different audiences, whether they be specialists or non-specialists.
- Interest in deepening and broadening the knowledge of issues related to social archaeology; strong motivation for joining the many activities in which the journal is involved; for suggesting new themes that may enlarge the research interests of Ex Novo and lead to innovative approaches and reflections within our discipline.
- Interest in actively participating to the current debate about the role of archaeology in Italy and more widely in the world.
- Fluent English; knowledge of Italian or any other language is an important asset.
Ex Novo will provide the perspective candidates with:
- The opportunity to join the editorial board of an international scientific journal aiming to increase its impact factor in the coming years.
- The possibility to work in a team of internationally acknowledged specialists supported by a prominent advisory board.
- To play an active role in shaping the scientific content of Ex Novo
- To build a solid, international, scientific network
To submit your application, please send your abridged CV (max 2 pages) and a motivation letter (max 2 pages) to email@example.com
N.B. The editors of Ex Novo do not earn any wage nor are entitled to any refund. The involvement with the project is purely scientific and supported by a genuine interest for the social implications of doing archaeology in the present day.